SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate Body
Each shipment bound for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must include a Shipment Certificate and a Product Certificate if the goods being shipped are subject to a Saudi Standards, Metrology, and Quality Organization (SASO) Technical Regulation. These certificates confirm that the relevant standards and technological restrictions have been satisfied. In conjunction with the Saudi Product Safety Program (SALEEM) launch, the Saudi Arabian Standardization Organization (SASO) has launched SABER, an electronic conformity assessment platform. The Trade is strongly encouraged by SASO to use this platform to request and obtain both a Product Certificate and a Shipment Certificate for goods that SASO Technical Regulations govern. Additionally, the Trade is strongly encouraged to request and obtain both a Self-Declaration and a Shipment Certificate for goods that any SASO Technical Regulation does not govern. Verger Group provides IECEE Certificates to clients with various services designed to assist them in meeting the requirements outlined in the Saudi Technical Regulations and the Saudi Standards.
Verger may be able to assist you in the following ways, depending on the type of product you have:
- Performing the duties of a Certification Body that is accredited by SASO in order to issue Product Certificates and manage Shipment Certificates for all items around the world that are subject to a Technical Regulation.
- The issuing of Technical Assessment reports for products that do not come under any Technical Regulation in order to back up any claims of compliance with applicable Saudi standards.
As part of the national transformation programs 2020 and 2030 vision of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, SASO has designed the Saudi Product Safety Programme, also known as SALEEM.
Starting from January 2019, SABER Platform was launched to support theSaudi Product Safety Programme for SASO Technical Regulations. The Saudi Product Safety Programme includes a two-stage certification process:
- Product Certification.
- Shipment Certification of Regulated Products exported to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
To facilitate this certification process, SASO has approved Certification Bodies (CBs) such as Verger for the various geographical regions to issue the Product CoC and Shipment CoC for Regulated Products.
Products Require the SASO IECEE Certificate in Saudi Arabia
The Saudi Organization for Standardization, Metrology, and Quality (SASO) had announced on March 10, 2021, a list of products for which it will be essential to acquire the IECEE national recognition certificate beginning on July 1, 2021.The most current update, which was posted by SASO on their official website, reflects a date change to the first of November 2021.This is the second time that SASO has decided to push back the date of this implementation. The prior deadline for the implementation was September 1st, 2021.
Following is a list of products require the SASO IECEE certificate in saudiarabia with respect to the products:
- Water boilers and kettles (SASO-IEC-60335-2-150)
- Electric pumps with a horsepower rating of 5 or less (IEC 60335-2-41)
- Electric fryers for the Home (SASO-IEC 60335-2-13)
- Electric fryers for the Home (SASO-IEC 60335-2-13)
- Espresso and coffee machines of every type (SASO-IEC-60335-2-15) and (SASO-IEC-60335-2-14)
- Consoles and controllers for video games (SASO-IEC-62368-1)
- Power cables (IEC-60227-(1-7), (IEC-60245-(1-8), (IEC-60502-(1-2), (IEC-60702-1), (IEC-60800), and (IEC-62821-(1-3)
- Wireless headphones
- Chargers and various additional accessories
SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
Exporters are hereby informed that new items have been added to the list of those that require the SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate. This comes as a follow-up to our prior statements regarding the Saudi Product Safety Programme for Saudi Arabia.The following is a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update. It is important to take note that solar photovoltaic systems are the most recent goods to be added to this list, and the date that the SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate must be obtained for solar photovoltaic systems is the 28th of September 2020 and onwards:
- Mobile Phone Devices
- Mobile phone battery packs and chargers
- Electric pumps used in homes and other residential settings (under 3500 Watts)
- Chargers for mobile phones that can be used in cars
- Mobile phone batteries that can be charged wirelessly
- Power Bank
- Mobile Phone Batteries
- Tablets and portable computers
- Watches that are also computers
- Smart Band
- Television set, as well as display monitor
- Bluetooth headphones, earbuds, and other goods of a similar nature
- Chargers for Laptops (Electric transformer for Laptop)
- Dish Washers
- Lighting products
- Electronic cigarettes, vaping devices, and products of a comparable nature
- Photovoltaic Solar Panel Systems
IECEE CB Scheme Certification & CB Testing Certificate
As the first ever global system for the mutual acceptance of product safety test reports and certifications for electrical and electronic equipment, devices, and components, the IEC System for Conformity Assessment Schemes for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE) Certification Body (CB) Scheme sets the standard for the industry. The CB Scheme is supported by an international network of CB testing laboratories, also known as CBTLs. These laboratories are in charge of conducting product testing in accordance with relevant technical standards, which are based on the utilization of internationally-recognized product safety benchmarks. The findings of the product tests are subsequently sent to the national certification organizations (NCBs) in the countries that are members of the CB Scheme. These NCBs have the authority to grant legal access to CBTL-tested items without conducting any extra tests. There are currently over 50 nations all over the world that are members of the CB Scheme. Some of these countries are European Union (EU) Member States, the United States of America, China, India, Korea, and Russia. Manufacturers who participate in the CB Scheme have the opportunity to acquire access to all of the countries that are members of the CB Scheme without the need for costly and redundant testing. Additionally, because CB Scheme applicants do not have to undergo any additional testing, NCBs frequently offer high priority to these applicants. In addition to having extensive understanding of all applicable testing standards and certification procedures, we also have exposure to a global network of experts in our field. At Verger group, we start working with you from the very beginning, assist you in understanding the requirements for accessing the global market, and support you as you go through the process of obtaining a CB certificate and bringing your products to market more swiftly. So, what are you waiting for? Register an account with our reputable company and begin your trading journey!
Below table contains details on SASO approved Technical Regulations saso-certification-saber. Within VERGER scope
- Main Product IECEE CB Test Report.
- Main Product IECEE CB Certificate.
- Declaration of Conformity.
- Safety and Instruction Arabic Manual.
- CITC Certificate for products with SIM.
- Commercial Trade License.
- Detailed product photos.
- CB test report and certificate (From any IECEE accredited Lab within 3 years validity)
- Manufacturer Business license
- Importer Business License
- Product photos, markings, and plug (including nameplate image for each model which should exactly matching the rating in the CB Test certificate)
User’s manual in Arabic or Arabic and English (including Product description/ model number, specification, procedures, and safety instructions in using the product)
- Importer declaration of conformity ( VERGER will share)
- Manufacturer declaration of conformity (VERGER will share)
Products that are adhered to IECEE Recognition Certificates
Once the product certificate is issued on the SABER platform changes are not permitted. Any change needed in product certification after issuance is considered as a new certification request.
New models are allowed to be added in existing product certification after successful verification of model relation with existing certified product, to be strictly same as the certified product type. Product Identity Declaration is needed from Manufacturer for consideration.
- Mobile’s accessories (wire and wireless electric charger, charger used in cars, wireless speakers for cell phones).
- Mobile Phones (also require Saudi CITC certification– cannot apply without it)
- Power Bank and cell phone batteries.
- Laptop, tablets, and their accessories (laptop charger, tablet charger). Note: If item has sim-card slot, it will also require Saudi CITC certification – cannot apply without it
- Smart watches/ Smart Bands *Smart watches that include a mobile sim-card without a camera Note: If item has sim-card slot, it will also require Saudi CITC certification
- Electric pumps (with capacity of 5HP /3500 W or less).
- TV/Smart TV and screens.
- Light and its accessories.
- Electrically heated devices for cigarettes
- TR of Small photovoltaic solar systems.
- Electric oil fryers.
- Video games devices and their accessories (control devices, wireless speakers, chargers, and their accessories)
- Electric cable.
- Coffee makers, Coffee making machines and Kettles.
- Wireless Headphones
- Shaving Devices
- Electric Hair Clippers for humans and animals including battery operated
- Circuit Breakers
- Desktop Computers
- Charger + Data Transfer Cables for Mobile Phones
A SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
2. Approx. Time to obtain IECEE Certificate
After submission of all the required documents, it takes approximately 5 to 10 Working days for the certificate to be issued. This can vary if SASO has additional questions about the product or if any amendments to the application are required.
3. SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate for multiple Model Number
It is possible to certify more than 1 model number under the same SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate – as long as the products are listed on exactly the same IECEE CB Test Report and IECEE CB Certificate.
4. SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate for multiple Importer
When a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is issued, it is registered and linked to one specific importer’s Commercial Registration (CR) number – this means only that importer can use it.
If you have 3 different importers of exactly the same product – each individual importer would require their own SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate – so 3 separate SASO IECEE Recognition Certificates must be applied for.